The call for applicants for the ENGLISH edition of our 2022 Script Revision Lab is now closed
About the lab
The Script Revision Lab gives independent filmmakers from around the world the opportunity to work intensively on their feature-length narrative scripts in an environment structured to foster professional collaboration and high-quality script development. The lab consists of a two-week residential workshop and a two-day online follow-up session. The lab has two editions: one in English and one in Spanish.
The lab is facilitated by a professional in the field with long-standing experience. In addition to the script guidance provided by the facilitator through workshop sessions and one-on-one meetings, participants have ample time for writing. The lab offers the participants the opportunity to workshop their projects with other international filmmakers, be part of a community of like-minded artists, and access the Cine Qua Non Lab film professional network.
Dates and location
The Script Revision Lab is held in Tzintzuntzan, a small town in the state of Michoacán, Mexico, approximately 50 km from the city of Morelia. The workshop, writing, and living spaces are tucked amidst the beauty of the Sierra Madre mountains, overlooking Lake Pátzcuaro, a quiet natural retreat.
- English edition: The residential workshop will take place from Sunday, August 14th, through Friday, August 26th, 2022. The follow-up session will be held online in September 2022.
- Spanish edition: The residential workshop will take place in November 2022. The follow-up session will be held online in December 2022.
- English edition: The call for applicants is closed.
- Spanish edition: The call for applicants will open soon.
- Writers or writer/directors developing a narrative feature film
- Only completed narrative feature scripts ready for the revision process
- Co-written scripts are eligible, but only one person per project will be accepted to the lab
- Proof of ownership/copyright of the script
- Online application
- A current résumé or CV
- A synopsis of the story, including the ending (up to 3 pages, using a 12-point Courier font)
- The script in its entirety
- A copy of official registration/ ownership/ copyright of the script
There is a non-refundable application fee of 25 USD.
The fee for attending the lab is 2,950 USD. This fee is required upon acceptance to the lab. In case of cancellation more than 15 days prior to the starting date of the lab, there is a 50% refund of the attendance fee. There is no refund in case of cancellation less than 15 days prior to the starting date.
The participation fee covers the professional script guidance during the workshop and the follow-up session, as well as accommodation and meals throughout the two-week residential workshop. Participants are responsible for their own travel expenses to and from the residency. Participants must submit proof of medical insurance covering the period of the residential workshop, as well as travel insurance for COVID-19-related issues.
Fees are payable via PayPal.
Participants must give official recognition to Cine Qua Non Lab in the future production of their work, by including an acknowledgement and the Cine Qua Non Lab logo in any published rendition of the script, in the project’s website or when applying for additional development labs and funding for the same project, as well as mentioning Cine Qua Non Lab’s support in any interview or article about their project. In addition, once completed, films that have been supported by Cine Qua Non Lab must indicate that support both in the opening and closing credits, by displaying the Cine Qua Non Lab logo and the caption “Developed with the support of Cine Qua Non Lab”. Participants are also required to give recognition to the lab facilitator with an on-screen credit of script consultant.
All applications will be read and evaluated by a jury panel comprised of film professionals. Applicants short-listed by the Selection Committee for consideration in the final round of evaluations may be interviewed by video conference.
For further information, please address inquiries to email@example.com.